Pages

June 4, 2013

A Journey of Recovery (AKA Getting a Wedding Cert Copy)

Do you know that there was an interesting article that stated our history could end up being a blank slate in the timeline, simply because our records (texts, videos & pics) have a short expiration date? That our papers and internet data and CDs are mediocre, compared to rock and papyrus scriptures of the past?

My wedding certificate was an example of that fact.

So, Irtiza will be joining the big kids in two year's time. As a 5-year-old, it's already the time for us to register for his future primary school education; a process that requires our wedding certificate as the main 'ingredient'.

The cert was not an easy find, as my store was not ISO 9001 compliant. I then 'dug' through our store filled with memorabilias that were collected from as early as the year 1997. Alas, I found my very first zakat receipt, old 'best-dressed couple' trophy, and a very significant raffia string, but the wedding cert remained unfound.


New from the outside...not that new from the inside.

After several 'excavations', alas, we assumed that our cert was lost. So, I applied for a copy at the 'Pejabat Agama Islam Kota Setar' (Kota Setar Islamic Religious Office). As the office was a classic, it seemed to enjoy the hard way of doing things, while leaving no room for 'evil new things' such as 'online registration' and 'online banking'. So I have to be there to hand-over the form, and pay RM13 for the application.

As what a patient & faithful 'lover' would do, I believed the lady-at-the-counter's promise to call me when the cert is done for the taking. After almost two months later, the wait became unbearable. I called the office, and another lady answered. It was revealed that my cert was ready over a month ago.

So, I went back to the office last Sunday. Another lady was behind the counter, and she stressed that I need to bring for them a 'Surat Akuan Sumpah' (or statutory declaration letter) before taking the cert. So, I did.

Stairways with 'promising prospects'

Knock knock.

This piece of paper costed RM14.

Back here again

Prepare to lose RM13 if you lost your wedding cert

They got married here...hmmm..interesting...

My wedding cert, plus forms for the smart wedding card application

P/s: Gonna get the cert laminated after this. If I have all the budgets in the world, would get the cert titanium-framed with bullet-proof glass, and locked in a fire and bullet-proof safety box in yet another fire and bullet-proof safety box. A safe-ception :O

No comments: