Pages

August 10, 2012

Victorious @ Nike Warehouse Sale, Bukit Jalil

This post contains a lot of pics. So, brace yourself :)


One of the good things about blogging is that you will sometime come across bits and pieces of interesting facts. One of them is the real origin of the word ‘Nike’. Got to know that Nike in the Greek mythology was the Winged Goddess of Victory. So, the name is befitting and symbolic for a sportswear and equipment company like Nike, Inc. So, if you plan to start-up a company that sells rock-hard raya biscuits, you may wanna use ‘Kelembai’, or BBBT (‘Batu Belah Batu Bertangkup’).

Last Wednesday was the first day of the Nike Warehouse Sale at Bukit Jalil. I was extremely happy when I saw the ad a week earlier (after the minor disappointment with the recent sports warehouse sale at Sunway Damansara). This time, I was adamant to be among the first to be there (in order to get more selections…and most importantly…they come with my size). From the promotion (plus the fact that Nike got a big fanbase in Malaysia), I anticipated a big crowd at the event.

That day was a hot day. I started the journey by driving to KL-Seremban Highway, entered MEX from Jln Kuchai Lama, and exited to Bukit Jalil. Then I drove slowly, while following some directions (managed to agitate a driver that was behind me), reached Endah Parade (saw live ducks at the back of a motorcyclist), turned to the right, and drove straight into the Bukit Jalil area…which was not that hard. The tricky part was where to go from there.

I tried to find the Nike signage along the way, got frustrated, turned to the left, and entered the Park ‘N Ride carpark area, and asked a guy at the entrance. I was then informed of the Car Park D area. So I drove again, turned left, saw the Car Park C and D signage, and turned left again. Parked my car at the side of the road near the entrance to the Car Park D, followed some Nike signages, and walked straight to Dewan Sri Putra.


The entrance area to Car Park C and D

It's a sign

As expected, there was a huge turnout. There were almost 100 Nike fanatics queuing in front of the building when I reached there (and I was 10 minutes early!). It felt like a very long waiting period under the hot sun…that I even managed to make friends with a young Chinese couple in front of me (and promoted my blog…hehe). There were more people coming after that, heard the crowd’s energetic countdown at the entrance, and the door was opened at 12pm sharp.

There's already a long queue....*sigh

Restless in Bukit Jalil

A short clip

The security was tight

Close to You - The Carpenters

I noticed the hall was a big and spacious place when I went in a couple of minutes later. It looked like a closed badminton hall. The organizer did a good job in making the event as organized as possible. Tables for the different kinds of shoes (with signages to show size and gender categories) surrounded the court (which was a good idea). The apparels and equipments were put in the middle of the court (They were also separated into categories).

The madness in motion

Shoes for everyone

So, I went to Size 11 area (Yes, I’m a Bigfoot), and was planning to buy a pair of black LunarGlide+. Browsed through the shoes in different colours and types (They have quite a collection that it seems you can find every single type of Nike shoes here). But in the end, I fell in love with a pair of black Nike Air Pegasus+ 28, and asked the lady to box it straightaway. I was told that it was the very last pair. It feels like we were destined to be together (It’s like that movie scene, when Harry Potter chose his magic wand in the magic wand shop).

My area

Colourful, ain't it?


Love at first sight

This lady was a real helper

Anyway, went to the XL apparel area after that (Err, I’m a big-boned guy) to look for some t-shirts. There were lots of good designs and unique fabrics. Some were meant for real sporting activities (They were quite tight to be in the XL category). There were lots of cotton t-shirts; with abstract designs, zombie-themed ones, MU-related, etc. After about 30 minutes-worth of contemplation, I finally managed to choose 3 t-shirts from the bunch.

See the guy with wing design at the back? He was a real kiasu (grabbed a big load of t-shirts at a go)

T-shirts for the picking

A very convenient sign

Marching home with this one?

The Walking Dead fans would love this t-shirt

A very convenient sample display

Track bottoms and shorts

I was not that interested with the bags and equipments (Didn’t explore much in those areas), but I was extremely fascinated with the Nike black hooded windbreakers. The thing was almost a sure purchase, before I returned back to reality (and when I say reality, I meant my wallet).

A very cool Nike windbreaker

Bagging some bags?

Lay equipped

The apparel price list

We were observed. Felt like a gladiator in a colosseum here.

In the end, I have with me 3 t-shirts and a pair of shoes (AKA Raya t-shirts and shoes) and went straight to the cashier. That day was a special day for Maybankard holders, as they were entitled to get additional 10% discount for all purchases. So, I got 50%+ for everything (including the additional 10%). It was a real bargain, as instead of paying about RM800 for everything, I just need to pay about RM380 (after discounts).


To the cashier

Credit or cash?

Do you have those yellow t-shirts in XL?

When I left the hall around 1pm-ish, there was a way bigger crowd than the one in the beginning of the sale. Overall, I was pretty much satisfied with the warehouse sale, with the vast selection of products and it was a well-organized event. It was still a hot day, but I walked away towards my car with a smile.

*The Nike Warehouse Sale will be on until this coming 12th August (Sunday).


Boy, you guys gonna be here for a very long time

Saw the Car Park D on the way back

My trophies for the day


There's still time...just do it! :D

2 comments:

Eugene said...

Nice shoes, I gotten the same one as yours unfortunately not the same color (I went and didn't see this color or else would have gotten it). I went the same day as you but around 4pm.

Anyway it's for my trekking purpose hence color not much of an issue. But yours can be used as casual too. It is very comfy though which is the most important factor.

Neuromancer said...

A new year...hopefully with more warehouse sales from Nike :) Tq Eugene 4d comment.