Pages

October 14, 2013

Throwback 13 Presents: The Eyes of Grace Photoshoot

Throwback 13 Promo
--------------------------------------------------
Revised: 13th December 2013

The kid version of me loved taking photographs..using my parents' old school Kodak film-filled cameras. Back then, it was mostly for pose pictures during holiday trips and other special events.Then, with my very first digital camera back in IIUM Gombak, I reached my semi-amateur-ish (woah...that's a lot of dashes) status. I remembered that I was everywhere with the camera. It later became  my personal 'fetish'..up to the stage that the pics that I took were basically anything and everything that came across my path...especially those that I find as beautiful and artistic in appearance.

Along the way, I became a webmaster for a society...and the job includes taking a lot of pics of events, plus for a candid camera section of the website (I think my coursemates called me a 'paparazzi' at one time). It was like that scene in a typical kung fu movie, with an apprentice breaking thousands of bricks with his bare hands to perfect the art...only instead of bricks, I produced thousands of digital pics. It was the time when I was more comfortable of being at the back of a camera, than being in front of it.

Marriage changes everything. With gruelling wedding photoshoots, plus those from before and after that...being in front of a camera became something of a norm. 'Smile' techniques were learned and upgraded from time to time...and I was ever-ready for any photoshoot session. But when time passes, photoshoots later seemed to be as unnecessary as a Glucolin drink (really...can't you just make your sweet drinks with what you already have in your kitchen?)

It was the year 2008. Wifey approached me, and said that she was very ecstatic to have our very first family photoshoot (together with our barely-a year-old Irtiza), and did some internet digging for the best packages.  That was the first time that I got to know about Kak Zubye and her Eyes of Grace.

It was an especially unique first photoshoot, that was held at the Lake Garden, Kuala Lumpur...as there were helicopters flying above us, with an increasing number of police officers nearby the area. There was an illegal gathering of sorts near the Parliament building (which was just beside the Lake Garden). Funnily enough, the surroundings from within the Lake Garden seemed peaceful and uneventful :)

This year, there was a 1-hour photoshoot promotion done by Kak Zubye from Eyes of Grace. Wifey and I immediately grabbed the opportunity, and chose a date for the photoshoot. It was the 24th February.

At the Eyes of Grace office at Pusat Bandar Baru Bangi. A lil' bit secluded area.


It's been 5 years since our first photoshoot with Kak Zubye :)

Throwback: Our first photoshoot at Taman Tasik Perdana in 2008. Disregard the almost-double chin.

Throwback: Our second photoshoot at Taman Rekreasi Putrajaya Presint Diplomatik in 2009. This could also be used for a Jacob's crackers ad.

Then, there's 2013. The first of many...

...and the next one...

...and the next one.
Striking a pose

The pose is all him...still wondering how did he know how to pose like that :)

After the photoshoot. Hmm...Ikea stuffs :)

Wifey and Kak Zubye. Hehe...a photographer can also pose well too ;)

Irtiza seems to be a bit shy out of the sudden (*partially-hidden at the door)

Before leaving

One of the end results: Our family pic


It was a short session, but we loved the results. Insya allah, we're going to do the next one for next year, together with the new member of the family :)

The Eyes of Grace Photoshoot video

No comments: